THE UNFINISHED TASKS OR CHALLENGES BEFORE US
THE UNREACHED PEOPLES OF AFRICA
According to The Joshua Project
- Africa has 58 countries with a total population of 1.37 billion people
- There are 3,700 people groups, 990 of which are unreached (26.6%)
- Ø 89 million people live in the unreached groups (28.4)
- There are 69 African unreached people groups each with over 1 million population
OTHER STAGGERING STATISTICS ON AFRICA
- African population is expected to double by 2050.
- At least 25% of the world population will live in Africa by 2050.
- Young sub-Saharan African women are one of fastest growing demographics in the world.
JOSHUA PROJECT STATISTICS ON WEST AFRICA
- Population: 435,783,000
- Countries: 17
- Number of People Groups: 1,464
- Unreached People Groups: 450
- Population Unreached: 172,761,000
ACCORDING TO JOSHUA PROJECT: THE UNREACHED PEOPLES GROUP IN NIGERIA ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Number of People Groups in Nigeria: 537
- People Groups Unreached: 91 (16.9%)
- Total Population of Nigeria: 211,299,000
- Population of Unreached People Groups: 66,323,000 (31.4%)
According to the Pew Report, Nigeria has the largest Christian population in Africa, 49.3% of the population.
According to the Nigeria Evangelical Missions Association (NEMA) the following are the Unreached People Groups and where they are found in Nigeria.